Sunday, October 26, 2014

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

This last Friday I had a day off of school, because it was a flex day for the teachers. I was super excited about my three day weekend and planned tons of activities to do. As always some plans fall through. One activity that I did get to do was bake my favorite kind of cookies. Oatmeal raisin cookies are in my top five favorite cookies. Unfortunately we had no raisins in the house, but we did have cranberries. (which I love way more than raisins) I found a recipe on Pinterest and changed it up a little bit.

 
 
Ingredients:
 1 1/4 sticks margarine or butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
 2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon (heaping if you love cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked. NOT instant)
1 cup cranberries
 
 
 
Preheat oven to 375.
 
Mix melted butter and sugars together until it is a creamy mixture .

Add egg and vanilla and mix again. Now add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix well again. Now stir in oats. After you have your oatmeal mixture, fold in the cranberries.

 
 
Roll mixture into balls and lay them on a cookie sheet evenly.

 
For a chewy texture leave cookies in over for 9-11 minutes. For a crisp texture leave cookies in oven for 12-14 minutes.

 
Hope you guys try this recipe out!
Thanks for reading. Have a lovely day.
 
-Britni 



No comments:

Post a Comment