Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Picture Frame

I feel like it has been forever since I have posted anything! But I'm back with a fun craft that doesn't take long at all, and is a great way to present photos. I am going to college next year, and I am wanting several ways to hang pictures in my dorm room. And I thought why not start making a few now. I have a few other ideas I want to make that are super cute ways to hang photos. This craft is super easy and cheap.
To start this project you need a picture frame, I used one of my old canvas and ripped of the material where it was just the wooden frame. You will also need paint, paint brush, string, and close pins.

I started off with ripping the canvas material of my frame. If you use can old canvas frame there will be staples on one side, just turn it over and use the other side. You may have just bought a frame, so you won't have to deal with this.
 
 
Paint all sides of the frame with a paint color of your choice. In my bedroom, I have one maroon wall and the other three are cream, so I chose the leftover maroon paint. After painting all the sides, wait until the frame is dry before you start the next step.



 
Now that the paint is dry start to measure how long each strand of string needs to be to reach from one side to the other. Depending on what size your frame is will determine how long and how many strands you will have. Once you have them all cut, start to glue one end of the strand to the frame. Let that one end dry completely before gluing the other end, because you want the strings to be tight and when you pull the string if the end is not dried yet then it will slide off. I used hot glue, but there are several other ways to go about this.
When you have completed gluing all the strings, your frame is finished.

 
 
Thank you guys so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy project. I have many ideas for future post, so stay tuned. Have a wonderful week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment