Thursday, July 31, 2014

Paper Towns | John Green

Something I want to start doing on my blog is talking about the books I read. I don't get much free time because I have a pretty full schedule, but when I do get the chance, I love to read. I have been hooked on John Green's books ever since I started reading Looking For Alaska about a year and a half ago. I have also read The Fault in Our Stars and sobbed through the movie. If you did not go see the movie, shame on you because it was amazing. 

I just recently finished my third John Green book, Paper Towns. I have to say- I can't pick my favorite between the three because they are all amazing! Paper Towns is about this boy named Quentin who was best friends and neighbors with this girl named Margo Roth Spiegelman up until they were nine or ten. Now in high school, he watches her from afar and admires her even though they haven't talked in years. One night Margo shows up at Quentin's window telling him to come along with her on adventure. That night started a new chapter in Quentin's life, the Margo chapter. After the long and adventurous night was over, Quentin didn't see her for the next few weeks. No one seems too concerned that she has completely vanished, but he is. He takes it upon himself to go on his own adventure looking for Margo Roth Spielegman. Paper Towns is an amazing book to get completely drawn into and go on an adventure through a different world. 

I own the two books Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, but I had heard about the app iBooks and I decided to buy Paper Towns on the app. There are good and bad about reading a book on a phone, but it is a much cheaper alternative so I will most likely  continue to buy books on there. I have already started my fourth John Green book- Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Stay tuned to hear about my thoughts on this already incredible novel! 

I hope I have inspired some of you guys start reading some of John Green's impressive works, if you haven't already. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment